Blue Shield of California®
Looking to make a move to the cloud, Blue Shield of California chose Workday for their new HRIS. Looking for a smooth transition, they chose to partner with Collaborative Solutions for the deployment.
Blue Shield of California is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider networks in the US. Founded in 1939, BSC is headquartered in San Francisco, California and serves over 3.3 million customers. Recognized as one of the world’s most ethical companies, BSC continually receives awards for their commitment to social responsibility and use of innovative practices.
Champions of innovative change, BSC was looking for ways to become more efficient with their operations. They were migrating from PeopleSoft, and needed assistance with numerous third party integrations as well. BSC knew they wanted an online application. Looking to make a move to the cloud, BSC chose Workday for their new HRIS. Looking for a smooth transition, they chose to partner with Collaborative Solutions for the deployment.
Collaborative was selected to deliver the Workday solutions. We deployed Workday Core Human Capital Management, ESS/MSS, and Succession Planning. Collaborative handled 25 inbound and outbound third party integrations. Specifically, our consultants were able to help BSC:
- Locate opportunities for operational efficiency
- Deploy on time and on budget despite not having dedicated full time resources
- Lower the total cost of ownership
After a fast deployment, BSC has been able to reduce single person dependency, loosening up bottlenecks and increasing workflow. Next steps include more mobile functionality as well as self-service reporting.
DATE LIVE ON WORKDAY
- Seven different HR systems to maintain and integrate
- Fragmented employee experience based on role
- Paper-based system of record
- Totally reliant on IT resources
- Aging and expensive PeopleSoft legacy system
- Information is available to employees 24x7
- Consolidated the number of logins and systems
- Calls to the HRMS help desk decreased by 1/3 over the course of a few months
- 62% employee login after a few months; was 16% on PeopleSoft